Food and nutrition is important to us and we know that a healthy balanced diet is essential to support your child’s learning and development
We provide fresh balanced meals to all children at each meal or snack time, prepared by our in-house chef . A choice of fresh fruit is available at snack times, morning and afternoon. We also cater for all dietary requirements and preferences.
Meal times are fun for all and a great opportunity for nursery practitioners to bond with your child. They are sociable learning opportunities, where we teach children about good manners, different foods and how to feed themselves independently.
- Fresh water is available to the children at all times and no squash is served.
- Breakfast consists of a variety of non-sugary cereals and toast.
- Lunch is always a balanced 2 course meal, cooked freshly on the premises by our dedicated nursery chef.
- Tea is always a 2 course meal prepared fresh by our chef, and includes a variety of choices including homemade soups, wraps and pasta meals.
- Snacks– Fruit platter for mid-morning and for mid-afternoon, healthy-satisfying snacks like whole wheat crackers, bread sticks, rice crackers or rich tea biscuits are served with milk/water.
- Copies of our 3 weekly rotating menus are available at the nursery